Improve the efficiency and quality of design processes. This is accomplished through standardization of work process and information flows, interoperability of software tools, and knowledgeable staff working together in a collaborative environment which enhances project planning and communication, reduces schedule and improves the quality of deliverables.
An integrated, collaborative and automated design environment that provides a complete end-to-end design capability that is well connected with both upstream and downstream project processes. The collaborative design system of the future will dramatically reduce the time and cost in moving from concept to construction through automation of complex design engineering tasks and will enable seamless integration of disparate project teams.
Benefits and Opportunities
- Ability to effortlessly integrate the entire design team and share work in many locations.
- Assurance that designs are compliant with all preferences, requirements and sustainability goals.
- Increase capability, deliver more value and improve efficiency.
- Provide complete, concise, accurate and unambiguous definition of all materials, parts, products, equipment, and other procured resources.
- Interoperate with other project participants to capture and enable reuse of information, decisions, and operating parameters throughout the life of the project.
- Define interfaces, minimum data requirements, associated workflows and checklists, timeline, intended purpose, completeness and quality requirements for pertinent information exchanges.
- Maintain inventory of standards, practices, and definitions of functional requirements for automated design including change management and collaboration systems.
- Utilize built-in analytical and validation tools, automate routine tasks, and deliver accurate information that is fit for purpose.
- Design tools will enable and complement sustainable assessments.
Develop a chorus of clear, concise, and unified voices to advance the industry and to assist software suppliers in enhancing their product.