Information models for Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and 3D models were initially defined in 2009 by the Proteus project along with an XML Schema (referred to as the Proteus or XMpLant 3.3.3 Schema). This project will document the ISO 15926 information models in terms of ISO 15926 classes and templates, and then map the Proteus Schema to the ISO 15926 information models. The ISO 15926 classes and templates required to support the information models along with the enhancements that will be made to the model by the project will be delivered as reference data in a Fiatech project sandbox endpoint.
The deliverables of this project will allow interoperability between Proteus Schema XML and Part 8 OWL XML deployments. This will enable the transparent access to intelligent design information during construction and for O&M systems using either transport mechanism. This will save the major costs and time delays currently incurred in the current manual, non-interoperable data and handover exchange processes.
- ISO 15926 P&ID Information Model Overview– The engineering information documenting the information model for P&ID (including extensions identified since 2009). Note that a similar document on 3D models is in works, but is not yet available.
- ISO 15926 P&ID Profile Template Specification – Specifications for class and template definitions (geometric and non-geometric) required for P&ID scope. New classes and templates have been submitted to PCA RDS (Reference Data Services).
- ISO 15926 P&ID Profile Schema Specification – Specifications for revised XML schema elements and attributes defined in ISO 15926 P&ID Information Model overview.
- Proteus Schema 3.6.0 – The schema contains all the 3D objects as well as those for P&ID. The P&ID Profile Schema contains only those definitions relevant to P&ID and also contains additional constraints. A valid XML for P&ID will validate against either schema. Following the closing date, the schema will be published as the official release for version 3.6.0, enabling companies using version 3.3.3 to upgrade.
Fiatech Staff Project Manager
AVEVA, Bentley, Bechtel, CCC, and Noumenon Consulting
IIMM will be broken up into two sub-projects which will run in parallel – one for P&ID information model and one for 3D Model information model. Each of the sub-projects will include the following deliverables:
- Refinement of the ISO 15926 information model and document the required classes and templates to reflect any extensions identified since 2009 including those by the Mimosa OGI, DECHEMA DEXPI and IIP projects.
- New class and template definitions (geometric and non-geometric) a in Fiatech project sandbox endpoint as required for scope.
- Example Part 8 OWL files for fragments of scope.
- Revised Proteus Schema.
- Mappings between Proteus Schema and ISO 15926 Information Models (classes and templates).
- Examples of Proteus XML files and corresponding equivalent ISO 15926 Part 8 OWL files created using the delivered mappings.